Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's sure to draw the chicks...

Some people have the need to shop...
some to play music...
some to act...

I feel the need to C.R.E.A.T.E!!!
...and to take something ordinary and turn it into something fun and funky.

Take for example this simple, seemingly ordinary chick feeder.

I picked it up at a yard sale for a ridiculous price...
...wasn't sure what I was gonna do with it...
...but I knew it had the potential to be adorable.

...and a festive and ever familiar bag of delicious
(gross, I know, but you know that you love them, too)
candy corn.
They are only $2 a bag at Target.

...Oh and the help of your eager 5-year old.

...here she is over-sugared after trying to be helpful


TA-DA!!! Isn't in cute? I love it!

I was planning on selling it at the upcoming Junk Salvation Show (October 15-16...Puyallup, WA). But I was thinking to myself that it would sure be cute with peppermint discs at Christmas, Jelly Beans and Easter, ETC).
It may just find a home here with us...but up higher out of children's reach.
It is sure to draw 'chicks' of all types.

Hope you enjoy this tutorial...
...let me know something ordinary that you've made into some
E.X.T.R.A.O.R.D.I.N.A.R.Y.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog music!!!

    Blessings,
    Holly
    http://hallelujahsbyholly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete